Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Favorite Scriptures Right Now

I downloaded a "Scripture-a-Day" app on my phone and it has been giving me great scriptures that really apply to my life!  Here are a few favorites...

The first one is from James 4:11.  But I am going to take the liberty of exchanging "the law" with "Christ".  


"Speak not evil one of another, brethren.  He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of {Christ}, and judgeth {Christ}:  but if thouh judge {Christ}, thou art not a doer of {Christ}, but a judge."

I like this scripture a lot because often I get caught up being gossipy and talk about people behind their backs.  I need to be better at being more positive and Christlike.

Next scripture is from Proverbs 3:5-6.  This is one of my all time favorites.

"Trust in the Lord with all thing heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

There are a few reasons I like this one.  With Tom and I really praying about jobs and housing right now, I try to remember that God has a time frame for us.  It's hard when we don't know the plan for us, but we have to trust and believe that God is taking care of us, and is mindful of our needs and desires.  I also really like that it says, "he shall direct thy pathS", as in more than one path.  On this journey we call life, there are a LOT of paths we take, not just one.  There's not just one right path to take, there are several. 

Last favorite scripture for the time being is a favorite for the same reasons stated for the Proverbs scripture.  It is Jacob 4:10.

"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hands.  For behold, ye yourselves know that he couseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."

Lesson?  Quit telling the Lord what to do and know that He knows what to do!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have never really noticed the S from paths! That is the coolest thing ever. He's with us no matter what!
    I read in D&C 130 today and it is SOOOOO cool! It talks about how we'll have the same sociality in heaven that we do here. Except add eternal glory! And the footnote for that says eternal families, love, and CONTINUED COURTSHIP. I just am so happy to think of having Collin forever and ever and getting to know each other and working so hard together forever. :) :) :)'The whole chapter is really good and interesting.

    ReplyDelete