Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Favorite Quote/Thought

I really like this quote from the September 2011 Ensign magazine ... I feel like it was written especially for me.  The context of the article is talking about marriage relation-ships, but I think it's applicable to friend-ships, family-ships, work-ships, etc.

"All of us carry excess baggage around from time to time, but the wisest ones among us don't carry it for very long.  They get rid of it.  Often, the things we carry are petty, even stupid.  If you resent someone for something s/he has done - or failed to do - forget it.  We call that forgiveness.  It is a powerful, spiritual medicine. ... The best response to being hurt is to get over it.  Marriage (or any relationship I care about) is too important for us to clutter our minds and hearts with resentment that is created by dwelling on the faults and weaknesses of our spouse (or friends/family/coworkers/etc).  We need to forgive and move on."
- Boyd K. Packer & Richard Miller



1 comment:

  1. the truest thing I've ever read. forgiveness allows room for repentance, happiness, healing, and moving on to new and great things together. I need to forgive more quickly, and ask forgiveness more quickly.

    ReplyDelete